ACL Festival Guide
It is our favorite time of year...ACL Fest is back...and it looks like it's going to be a great one...We tend to go pretty deep into ACL and will be there both weekends!
Jay-Z at ACL 2017
We put this fun little guide together with our tips around the park and some must-see sets during the festival.
- Paul McCartney....yes, it's a bucket list maker...but trust us, he puts on an amazing show. He is a true pro and will give this show his all.
- David Byrne...his tour this summer has sounded and looked amazing. Think of this as one big art installation.
- Sylvan Esso: One of my favorite bands out there. They put on an incredible show...full of energy, dance and platform shoes.
- Janelle Monae: I am so excited for this one. I'm anticipated unmatched energy levels and an incredible performance.
- Khalid: My kids are super-excited about his set...and so am I.
- The National: I've never seen them play live...excited they're back.
- Greta Van Fleet: Pure, young, loud rock and roll...should be a blast.
- CHVRCHES: Haven't seen them in a few years....can't wait to see this band again!
- Metallica: LOUD....can't wait.
- St Vincent: I missed her sets at ACL Live earlier this year...she is an amazing musician and can't wait to see her.
- Childish Gambino...perhaps the set I was most excited had to be cancelled due to a foot injury he just sustained. They rearranged the schedule a bit and Travis Scott will be headlining instead on Sunday...stay tuned...I'm guessing a few spots opened up earlier in the day and we'll be hearing some more news soon.
- 3-day General Admission tickets are sold out, but you can still get single day passes here.
- Register your wristband beforehand...it will speed up entrance and you can use it to buy food and drinks instead of remembering to bring cash.
- Eat early....the ACL Eats food court is great and full of options...fuel up early and you'll be in good shape for the rest of the day.
- Best Bites: Micklethwait BBQ, Shake Shake, Burro Grilled Cheese, Frank Hot Dogs, Juiceland, Maine Root,
- HYDRATE...it's a long day, and it's hot. ACL has created more shaded areas, but it still gets warm. Bring a water bottle and refill often...They have water dispensers throughout the park
- Wine Lounge!!! You don't just have to have beer in the park. The ACL Wine Lounge is back and it's expanded. It has shade and Wine and Frosé and Spritzes...You should definitely spend some time there.
- Really want to see a band...post-up early and get your spot...this gets more important the later in the day, as the park gets more crowded. Don't like crowds as much, stay off to the sides and you can still get pretty close, yet still plan your exit.
- Really, really don't like crowds...spring for a ...shade, drinks and food included in the VIP Lounge...and perhaps best of all, air-conditioned restrooms. These luxuries don't come cheap, but they are well worth it.